VTA远程旅行社(www.VTATours.com) - A Far Better Way to Travel!!!
New England is the best for the summer. Why fly south if we have anything here. I met Daniele in the sailing camp - he came from Rome, Italy. Lucky me, I biked, hiked, wind surfed, and got on a cable car, but I did not take any airplane this summer. These are the places I have been:
- Old Orchard Beach, Maine: the only amusement park on beach front in New England, fireworks every Thurday;
- Portland Head Light House: the most beautiful light house/museum I've ever seen, and Williams Fort;
- Lake Winnipesauke: beautiful houses around the lake, 3-hour drive around the lake, Weirs Beach (waterpark only $10 at 6pm) and Meredith Marina (ice cream and fishing);
- Cannon Mountain: a winter resort, fun with cable cars and a Winter Sports Museum with real Olympic metals;
- Around Echo Lake: biking trial, hike to Artist'c Bluff and Bold Mountain;
- Castle in the Clouds: a beautiful stone masion sit top of a mountain in the Spring Castle (water company);
- Baddle Boston: http://www.paddleboston.com new rental places/posts along the Charles River to pick up kayaks from Kendall Square (Cambridge) to Nahanton Park (Newton/Needham) or the other way around;
- Boston Harbor Islands: a ferry from New England Aquarium, passed Castle Island (Independent Fort), got on Georges Island (Fort Warren), and then to Spectacle Island (at sun set), over looking at the Boston;
- Musuem of Sciecnes (MOS): robots to Mars, and hurrican presentations;
- and more!